Are you struggling to gain followers? Is your Pinterest traffic lower than you’d like it to be? Then, you may need a Pinterest audit.
Essentially, a Pinterest audit is done by reviewing your profile for strengths and weaknesses. The process helps you to figure out which parts of your Pinterest marketing strategy are working and how you can change the parts that aren’t.
A key element to having a successful Pinterest account is making sure that your profile is set up properly and optimized
This is why Pin Generator would like to share the three areas of your profile that a Pinterest audit could improve. First, let’s take a deeper look into what a Pinterest audit involves.
What Is a Pinterest Audit?
A Pinterest audit may sound intimidating, but we promise that it’s not. It’s actually just a review of your current Pinterest profile.
During an audit, you would look over your Pinterest profile as a whole and document what you’re currently doing right, and what’s missing. This helps you to see where your profile could be improved and allows for a unique Pinterest marketing strategy to be designed.
A Pinterest audit is essential to developing a strong Pinterest marketing strategy that’s tailored to your unique business goals.
How Often Should a Pinterest Audit Be Done?
Unfortunately, there is no right or wrong answer to this question. However, it is essential to find the time for a Pinterest audit.
It could be done once a year if you’re in the mood for a good spring clean. It could also be done more than once a year, like once every quarter.
It’s entirely up to you and the amount of time that you have available.
How to use Pin Generator in 30 seconds
Three Main Areas to Focus on During an Audit
When planning on doing a Pinterest audit, you should set aside at least half an hour to review everything. From our experience, an audit is made a lot easier when working through a checklist.
There are three areas of a Pinterest account that we’re going to look at more closely, namely the profile, boards, and pins.
- You need to make sure that your website is either listed or linked. This allows people to move from your account to your website more easily.
- Ensure that your Pinterest account is verified. This gives you access to analytics, showing you how many people are visiting your website and how your audience engages with content.
- Check to see that your profile picture is appropriate. It should be a picture of your face or your business logo, as long as it is the same across all of your social media platforms.
- Read through your bio carefully. Remember that it is there to help users understand your brand.
- Your board’s descriptions help users find exactly what they’re looking for. So they need to be clear and to the point.
- Are your board titles clear? Getting creative with the titles is alright but Pinterest’s use of keywords needs to be kept in mind. A title should contain a keyword and be as descriptive as possible. The clearer the title, the better.
- Check that your profile layout is appropriate. A good layout helps users find important boards. For example, you don’t want your Christmas board to be at the top of your profile if you’re in the middle of summer.
- Make sure that you have pinned your posts to the correct boards.
- Ensure that all pins have a good description of about 500 characters. This helps Pinterest understand what the pin is about and where it leads.
- Are your pins vertical? These posts work better on Pinterest, especially when they are of a ratio of 2:3 and 600 x 900 pixels. This template is what Pin Generator uses when creating your content so using it would be one less thing to worry about.
- Is the text on your pins easy to read? This text is usually a call to action that won’t be taken if the users can’t read it.
Incorporate Pin Generator Into Your Pinterest Audit
Once you’ve completed your Pinterest audit, you can begin cleaning up your account. Maybe you decide to remove some boards or give older pins a make-over.
This is where Pin Generator can help! It allows you to create a high volume of pins without compromising on quality. The design templates and features allow for creativity minus the time-consuming effort.
Here is a quick tutorial video on how to use Pin Generator.