Are you new to Pinterest and trying to figure out which content format you should be using on Pinterest? Well, then you’ve come to the right place!
Pinterest is constantly looking for new ways to improve its user’s experience on the platform. Previously, Pinterest was only associated with images but now supports many other formats.
This is why Pin Generator would like to share the pros and cons of using different content formats on Pinterest.
Posting regular pins or static images is probably one of the easiest ways to share your business’s services or products with other Pinterest users.
Pinterest tends to favor accounts that share quality images in a vertical format. The content itself can vary but pictures of products that showcase your brand have been shown to be more successful.
Posting regular pins is what Pinterest is mostly associated with and has brought many businesses success. Unfortunately, like with most things, this format has its downfalls.
- Content is simple and easy to create
- It doesn’t take up a lot of space, meaning that you’re able to post a lot more content
- Live product or website links can be added to the images
- If you’re not using Pin Generator, content may be time-consuming to create
- Content is not interactive
- If content doesn’t stand out, your click-through rate will be affected
Being able to upload video pins has changed the game of the platform because people love watching videos. In fact, the number of video views on Pinterest has grown over six times the views in 2018.
According to Pinterest, 75% of users are more likely to watch a video. This is because of the content format’s interactive nature.
While Pinterest recommends videos of around 30 seconds, the platform supports video pins as long as 15 minutes.
- Video pins are a great way to stand out
- This format legitimizes your brand by showing your products in action
- It’s more engaging and perfect for storytelling
- Videos get more impressions than regular pins
- Making video pins is more time consuming
- There is a reduced click-through rate as the video area isn’t linked to your website
A Pinterest business account has a number of perks, one of them being able to create idea pins.
An idea pin is essentially a multipage video pin. It is similar to what other platforms call a story, only idea pins don’t disappear after 24 hours.
This form of content should be used to inspire Pinterest users, instead of sharing information.
- Pinterest idea pins are easy to make
- It allows you to tag products
- Pins have been shown to have 9 times the average comment rate than regular pins
- These pins end with a prompt for viewers to follow your account, meaning that you’ll be able to increase your Pinterest following
- Idea pins don’t send traffic to your website
- This content format takes up a lot of space, limiting the number of regular and video pins that you are able to post
Create Quality Content Quickly With Pin Generator Today
The better the content that you create, the more successful your Pinterest account will be.
Creating eye-catching and engaging content can be financially taxing and time-consuming. With the help of Pin Generator, it doesn’t have to be!
Pin Generator has a number of different design tools and templates to help you create quality content in a matter of seconds. Whether you’re wanting to create regular or video pins, Pin Generator has you covered!
If you have any other questions or would like to share some feedback, please don’t hesitate to contact us here.